Orthotic and Prosthetic Warranty
The device(s) you received today is warranted to be made to your individual measurements, properly aligned and properly fitted corresponding to your anatomical condition at the time of measurement. In the case of stock items, the proper device(s) has been selected and sized according to your specific needs as prescribed by your physician.
All necessary alterations or adjustments pertaining to your device(s) will be made at no charge to you or your insurance company for a period of 90 days from the date of delivery. In the case of prosthetic devices, all necessary adjustments to the fit and alignment will be made at no cost to you or your insurance company for a period of 180 days from the date of delivery.
This warranty does not apply to adjustments necessitated by physical changes in the patient.
This warranty applies only to parts or devices that are custom made by D & J Medical. D & J Medical’s obligations under this warranty are limited solely to the no-charge repair or replacement of the part or parts determined to be defective by D & J Medical.
Items and parts that are manufactured by outside companies or vendors are warranted for the length of the warranty supplied by the manufacturer. This warranty does not cover prosthetic skin coverings, adjustments needed due to anatomical or other medical changes; or accessories, such as prosthetic socks, straps, etc.
If the return of a product is warranted, D&J Medical will accept the device and/or return the device to the manufacturer for a period of up to60 days from the date of delivery.
This warranty is made in lieu of other warranties, whether expressed or implied.
Any claim whatsoever made by the recipient patient or reimbursing sources/payer in connection with a device covered under this warranty shall be limited to the amount received by D & J Medical from the patient and/or reimbursing source/payer for the subject device(s).
This warranty becomes void immediately if:
- The device(s) has been adjusted, repaired or altered by anyone other than an active employee of
D & J Medical.
- The device(s) or any of its parts have been subjected to misuse, neglect or accident.
It is the patient’s responsibility to:
- See the prescribing physician if special medical management or further care pertaining to the wearing of this device is necessary.
- Inform this facility should any adjustments to this device be needed.
- Keep all appointments or contact this facility prior to the appointment time if rescheduling is necessary.
- Inform this facility of any change in your overall health that may affect the wearing of this device.